Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free guided hikes at Florida’s state parks on New Year’s Day
Posted Dec 27, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 27, 2013 at 09:19 AM
Florida’s state parks are working together to get residents off on the right foot for 2014.
“First Day Hikes” is an organized program of free guided tours of the sights and scenes of our state’s beautiful public lands.
The hikes will take place on New Year’s Day, Wednesday, Jan. 1. Times will vary from park to park.
In many cases the park entrance fees are waived, in a few cases nominal fees may apply.
Hikes will last about an hour, but degree of difficulty of terrain will vary from location to location.
For a list and description of available hikes across the state, visit http://www.floridastateparks.org/lib/doc/hikeinfofinal.pdf.