Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free flu shots
Posted Oct 11, 2011 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 11, 2011 at 11:59 AM
If you are uninsured and need a flu shot to face the coming influenza season, look no further than USF.
On Friday, Oct. 21, 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. the University of South Florida College of Public Health is teaming up with the Hillsborough County Health Department to offer free flu shots for the university and community.
The free shots will be given at the USF College of Public Health, 13201 Bruce B. Downs Blvd., Building 3010, Tampa, at the corner of Fletcher Avenue.
The shots are only for adults 18 and up and are offered while supplies last.
For more information, call (813) 974-3623.