Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free flights for kids on Saturday
Posted Jan 22, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 22, 2014 at 11:59 AM
Kids can take to the skies this weekend at the Experimental Aircraft Association’s annual Young Eagles Flight Rally.
On Saturday, Jan. 25 from 10 a.m. until 2 p.m. children ages 8 – 17 are invited to enjoy a free flight on a first-come, first-served basis.
Kids will learn about the mechanics of flight and safety and will receive an official log book and instructions to complete an online training course.
Participants are instructed to wear comfortable clothing, be in good health and be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian for completion of paperwork.
The flight rally takes place at Albert Whitted Airport, 107 8th Ave., S.E., St. Petersburg.
For more information on the EAA Young Eagles Flight Rally, visit www.awaps.org or call (727) 822-1532.