Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Free fishing days coming up soon
Posted May 23, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 23, 2013 at 10:09 AM
Florida requires an annual license for anyone over age 16 to enjoy fresh or saltwater fishing.
But for a few days each year, the license fee is waived and everyone can fish for free.
On Saturday, June 1 saltwater fishing will be allowed for free for anyone who wishes to participate.
And on Saturday, June 8 the same applies to freshwater fishing.
The annual fee is normally around $17.
For more information about recreational licensing rules and limits in Florida, visit http://myfwc.com/license/recreational/