Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free exotic animal encounter
Posted Dec 28, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 28, 2012 at 01:57 PM
The public is invited to view a variety of exotic animals for free at the Mahaffey Theater plaza on Sunday, Dec. 30.
From 1 - 2:30 p.m., Lowry Park Zookeepers will have a selection of species on display
The public viewing is in advance of the “Jungle Jack Hanna’s Into the Wild Live” show, scheduled in the theater at 3pm. Tickets for the animal show performance is not required to participate in the public viewing. However, for those interested, tickets range from $22.50-$42.50.
Animals on display will include:
• South American Porcupine
• Martial Eagle
• Gopher Tortoise
• Barn Owl
• American Alligator
• Two Toed Sloth*
• Southern Vested Tarantula*
• Rhino Rat Snake*
• African Pixie Frog*
• Mexican Red Knee Tarantula*
* These animals are temperature sensitive and might not be able to visit.
Please note, some of the animals may be available to be touched by a limited number of attendees. Hand sanitizer is provided to anyone who touches an animal. Number of people touching animals is limited to 15.
Mahaffey Theater is located at 400 1st St. S., St. Petersburg.