Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
Free Easter egg hunts get the holiday fun started early
Posted Mar 26, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Mar 26, 2013 at 10:50 AM
Two Easter egg hunts this week get the holiday fun started a little early for kids.
* Everyone should bring a small bag or basket for the egg hunt at North City Park in Safety Harbor on Wednesday, March 27.
The fun gets started at 5 p.m. for kids ages 2 and younger. Other age groups follow at 5:30-6 p.m. for ages 3-4, 6 - 6:30 p.m. for ages 5 - 9, and ages 10 and up are from 6:30-7 p.m.
All egg hunts are free.
North City Park is located at 2075 Swan Ln., Safety Harbor.
* On Thursday, March 28 the fun takes place at Daisy Douglas Park (601 9th Ave. N., Safety Harbor) with the same scheduled age group start times. Don’t forget your basket or bag to hold your loot.
Call (727) 724-1545 for more information.