Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
Free, discounted park passes available for military, first responders
Posted Dec 17, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 17, 2012 at 11:14 AM
Hillsborough County is now offering free and discounted annual passes to all Hillsborough County Regional Parks to qualified military and first responders.
The free lifetime family entrance pass is for Hillsborough County residents who are:
• Honorably discharged veterans who have service-connected disabilities
• Surviving spouse and parents of deceased members of the US Armed Forces, National Guard, or Reserves who have fallen in combat
• Surviving dependents of deceased First Responders killed in the line of duty who reside in Hillsborough County
There is a 25 percent annual regional park pass discount for:
• Active duty members and honorably discharged veterans of the US Armed Forces, National Guard, or Reserves who live in Hillsborough County
• Active duty members of First Responders who live or work in Hillsborough County
• Hillsborough County BOCC employees
Passes can be obtained from 8 a.m. – 4 p.m., Monday – Friday at the Branchton Regional Parks Office, 15502 Morris Bridge Road, Thonotosassa. Cash, check and major credit card payments are accepted.
The free and discounted passes do not include the boat launching pass, which is $100. Regular cost for an Annual Regional Parks Pass is $50 for an individual, and $100 for a family.
For additional information on Hillsborough County Regional Parks, discounts and free passes, (813) 987-6240.