Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free dental services for needy Pinellas kids Monday
Posted Feb 14, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 14, 2014 at 01:40 PM
Families lacking dental insurance will still have a reason to smile on Monday with Florida Department of Health in Pinellas County’s “Give Kids A Smile” day.
Beginning at 8 a.m. on Monday, Feb. 3 at 205 Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. St. N. and 8751 Ulmerton Rd., Largo, free dental services until 5 p.m. including x-rays and exams will be provided to low-income children.
Volunteer dentists and hygienists will treat eligible children younger than 18 on a first-come, first-served basis. No pre-registration is required, but parents or guardians accompanying the minor will be asked to fill out a form to verify that the family’s income is less than 200 percent of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. For a family of four, the annual income threshold is $47,100. Children who need additional dental services will receive an appointment for follow-up work at no cost.
For more information about dental services at DOH-Pinellas, visit http://www.pinellashealth.com/DentalHealth.asp.