Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free craft, storytime for kids at Pier Aquarium
Posted Jul 16, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 17, 2012 at 09:26 AM
Summertime is still going strong and we bet your kids are still clamoring for fun stuff to do.
If you haven’t already, make sure to check out our guide to cheap summer fun in the Tampa Bay area for ideas on entertaining the kiddos.
While you’re at it, make sure to mark your calendars for Aug. 4 for Book Nook By The Bay.
This free (for kids ages 6 and younger) craft and storytime activity is included with Pier Aquarium admission. Kids ages 7 and older pay just $4 and adults are $5 for admission.
On Aug. 4, the story is “Abby the Aquarist” by Heidi de Maine and the featured creature is the Zebra Moray Eel.
Kids can make Popsicle stick eel puppets before the story.
The planned activity is scheduled from 10:30 a.m. to noon. The aquarium is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
For more information, visit their website.