Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Free craft, storytime for kids at Pier Aquarium
Posted Jul 16, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 17, 2012 at 09:26 AM
Summertime is still going strong and we bet your kids are still clamoring for fun stuff to do.
If you haven’t already, make sure to check out our guide to cheap summer fun in the Tampa Bay area for ideas on entertaining the kiddos.
While you’re at it, make sure to mark your calendars for Aug. 4 for Book Nook By The Bay.
This free (for kids ages 6 and younger) craft and storytime activity is included with Pier Aquarium admission. Kids ages 7 and older pay just $4 and adults are $5 for admission.
On Aug. 4, the story is “Abby the Aquarist” by Heidi de Maine and the featured creature is the Zebra Moray Eel.
Kids can make Popsicle stick eel puppets before the story.
The planned activity is scheduled from 10:30 a.m. to noon. The aquarium is open from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Monday through Saturday.
For more information, visit their website.