Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free classes for kids
Posted Oct 5, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 9, 2012 at 10:32 AM
If your child is itching to try something new, but you are hesitant to make a commitment to a time consuming or expensive program, you may want to visit It’s All About Kids.
The child development center has several sampler classes coming up that are absolutely free to try. Parents just need to pre-register
their children for the selected activities.
The schedule for free classes includes:
Keyboard - Oct. 26; 4 - 5:30 p.m.
Hip-Hop dance - Nov. 14 and Dec. 12; 4 - 5:30 p.m.
Anti-bully workshop - Nov. 9; 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
Etiquette and manners - Dec. 7; 5:30 - 6:30 p.m.
There will also be a fall festival on Wednesday, Oct. 31 from 5 - 7 p.m. as a safe alternative to trick-or-treating.
It’s All About Kids is located in the University Mall at 2200 E. Fowler Ave., in Tampa. The center is located across from Payless Shoes and Old Navy.
For more information and class descriptions, visit the event flyer page.