Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free children’s museum admission even includes cake
Posted Sep 16, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 16, 2013 at 01:01 PM
The Glazer Children’s Museum in downtown Tampa is turning three and they’re having a party to celebrate.
This Sunday, Sept. 22, from 1 - 6 p.m. the kids museum will be hosting a free party at the attraction asnd spilling over to nearby Curtis Hixon Park.
Activities at the park will include an outdoor dance party, Fit Kids Playground games, an amateur dog Frisbee competition, the Tampa Bay Lightning and more.
At 2 p.m. there will be birthday cake for everyone.
Best of all, admission to the museum will be free for everyone all day.
Regular daily admission is $9.50 for children and $15 for adults.
The museum features over 170 interactive displays and themed areas suitable for children of all ages. For more information, visit http://glazermuseum.org/events/birthday/.
The museum is located at 110 W. Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa.