Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Free bike safety event includes giveaways
Posted Jun 20, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 25, 2013 at 05:01 PM
Children’s Board Family Resource Centers are celebrating “Father’s Day” with free bike safety events for dads and kids ages 2 and up.
The events take place June 22 and June 29 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The day includes a light breakfast, safety video with “Bill Nye the Science Guy,” bike safety bingo and a free helmet fitting. Participants will be entered in a raffle to win a new bike.
Bike lights will be distributed to dads and middle school age children while supplies last.
Reservations are required by calling (813) 204-1741 for the June 22 event in Central Tampa and (813) 558-1877 for the June 29 event in North Tampa.
For more information about the bike safety event, visit the Children’s Board website at http://www.familysupporthc.org.