Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free bike safety event includes giveaways
Posted Jun 20, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 25, 2013 at 05:01 PM
Children’s Board Family Resource Centers are celebrating “Father’s Day” with free bike safety events for dads and kids ages 2 and up.
The events take place June 22 and June 29 from 10 a.m. to 12:30 p.m.
The day includes a light breakfast, safety video with “Bill Nye the Science Guy,” bike safety bingo and a free helmet fitting. Participants will be entered in a raffle to win a new bike.
Bike lights will be distributed to dads and middle school age children while supplies last.
Reservations are required by calling (813) 204-1741 for the June 22 event in Central Tampa and (813) 558-1877 for the June 29 event in North Tampa.
For more information about the bike safety event, visit the Children’s Board website at http://www.familysupporthc.org.