Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free bike helmets this Saturday at Tampa Children’s Expo
Posted Mar 20, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Mar 20, 2013 at 10:06 AM
Admission is free for everyone at this weekend’s Tampa Children’s Expo located at the Florida State Fairgrounds.
The event takes place on Saturday, March 23 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and includes seminars for parents, costumed characters, bounce houses, free child ID safety cards, free bike helmets (while supplies last), samples, giveaways, contests, games and more.
New features this year include a baby play area, free family photos with Busch Gardens characters, hands-on kids cooking demos and more.
There will also be a special appearance by former Tampa Bay Buccaneers running back, Earnest Graham.
The Florida State Fairgrounds are located at 4800 U.S. Highway 301 N, Tampa.