Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free bike helmet for kids at Saturday safety rodeo
Posted Jan 16, 2014 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 16, 2014 at 01:40 PM
It’s not just about beads, kids can also score a free bike helmet this weekend at the Gasparilla Children’s Parade bike safety rodeo.
From 11 a.m. until 1 p.m. on Saturday, Jan. 18 kids can learn about bicycle and pedestrian safety along the parade route between Rome and Dakota avenues. Kids can use loaner bikes to cycle through the safety course to practice traffic skills.
While supplies last, participating children will be fitted with a new, free bicycle helmet to keep.
Other activities are planned with the parade scheduled to begin at 3:30 p.m. and conclude at 7 p.m. with a fireworks display.
All events are free to attend.
For more information about the event and a locator map for the festivities, visit http://gasparillapiratefest.com/extravaganza2/schedule.html