Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Tour Christmas lights in the gardens
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
Free back-to-school haircuts for kids in August
Posted Jul 29, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 30, 2013 at 09:54 AM
Kids with raggedy tresses will need a freshening up before they meet their new teachers this fall.
Remington College Tampa Campus can help harried parents out with free back-to-school haircuts for kids this summer.
Throughout the month of August, children 17 and under can get a free haircut provided by instructors and students in the Remington College cosmetology program.
Adults who bring in a donation of school supplies – paper, pens, pencils, notebooks, etc. – can also get a free salon service. They have a choice of a haircut, manicure or pedicure.
For more information, or to inquire about an appointment, call (813) 316-4470 or visit their website.
Remington College is at 6302 E. Dr. ML King Jr Blvd., Suite 400, Tampa.