Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free art fun at Tampa Museum of Art
Posted Aug 14, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 14, 2012 at 08:13 AM
Every Saturday the Tampa Museum of Art offers a free drop-in art program for kids from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Children can explore their creativity by creating an art project based on that week’s theme. The art projects are self-guided and no registration is required.
On Saturday (Aug. 18), the project will be “Ancient Pottery” and kids are invited to mold and create their own ancient pottery using air-dry clay. The finished product can be used to hold flowers, pencils, or whatever they want.
The Tampa Museum of Art is located at 120 W. Gasparilla Plaza in downtown Tampa.