Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
Free art fun at Tampa Museum of Art
Posted Aug 14, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 14, 2012 at 08:13 AM
Every Saturday the Tampa Museum of Art offers a free drop-in art program for kids from 11 a.m. until 2 p.m.
Children can explore their creativity by creating an art project based on that week’s theme. The art projects are self-guided and no registration is required.
On Saturday (Aug. 18), the project will be “Ancient Pottery” and kids are invited to mold and create their own ancient pottery using air-dry clay. The finished product can be used to hold flowers, pencils, or whatever they want.
The Tampa Museum of Art is located at 120 W. Gasparilla Plaza in downtown Tampa.