Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
- Open a high-yield kid’s account, score a free zoo ticket
- Dads admitted free to Dinosaur World
Free Arctic Premier Party at MOSI
Posted Apr 16, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 18, 2012 at 03:11 PM
The Museum of Science and Industry is debuting a new IMAX movie this weekend. “To The Arctic,” shows a journey to the top of the world, telling a compelling tale of survival, with global implications.
To celebrate, an Arctic Premiere Party will be free and open to the public on Saturday, April 21, from 11:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. MOSI visitors will be treated to family friendly activities such as polar bear puppet making, games with ice and creating snow.
MOSI guests can also participate in “Polar Promise” by making a commitment to conserve the environment on polar bear paw-shaped pledge cards available at various locations within MOSI. The cards will be displayed near the entrance to the MOSI IMAX® Dome Theatre. Once a month, one “Polar Promise” will be chosen at random and that person will win one World Wildlife Fund symbolic polar bear adoption kit, which includes a plush polar bear, formal adoption certificate, photo of the species and a species spotlight card.
For information on tickets and showtimes, call (813) 987-6000 or visit www.mosi.org.