Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free aquarium admission offered to Federal employees during shutdown
Posted Oct 3, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 3, 2013 at 11:38 AM
To ease the burden on families impacted by the United States government shutdown, The Florida Aquarium is offering a little relief.
The Tampa attraction is offering free admission to all federal workers plus one guest effective immediately until the U.S. government shutdown officially ends.
The admission offer is good for all federal employees; including anyone furloughed by the shutdown and any other military and civilian employees still on the job.
Any federal employee will receive one free admission to the attraction for themselves and one guest by presenting their federal ID card at the ticket window.
Regular general admission ranges in price from $16.95 to $21.95 per person.
The Florida Aquarium is known for their displays featuring sharks and moray eels. Visitors can get up close to river otters, alligators and free-flighted birds, plus touch rays and starfish. There is also a two-acre outdoor water play area for kids.
The Florida Aquarium is located at 701 Channelside Dr., Tampa.
For more information, visit http://www.flaquarium.org/