Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Get a free SunPass Mini on Thursday
- Hearing aid battery giveaway scheduled
- Free sample roundup
- Join the zoo, get a free family meal
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
Free Apparel Tuesday at Sears Outlets
Posted May 29, 2012 by Carl Lisciandrello
Updated May 30, 2012 at 10:48 AM
It’s never too early to stock up on some early Christmas presents, especially when those gifts are free.
Sears and Kmart shoppers is making it easy to get a jump on the holiday season. They’re offering a free piece of clothing each Tuesday to customers who are members of the chain’s Shop Your Way Rewards program.
Free Apparel Tuesday was a popular promotion during the holidays, and Sears has brought it back for the foreseeable future. The idea is simple - once you sign up as a rewards member, you’ll receive an email each week with a link to a pass that allows for one piece of clothing. The pass can even be “shared” with 10 friends, so it’s easy get others into the holiday spirit.
There are some restrictions. Although no purchase is required, the deal excludes outerwear, dresses, leather and Levi’s items. And the deals are only available through Sears Outlet centers, not the main stores, so be sure to check their website for the nearest location.
And even if one piece of clothing per week might not seem enough to stock up for Christmas, you’ll find other great deals. Many of the articles, including labels such as Dockers, Land’s End and Van Heusen, are priced as low as $5-7.