Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
Free admission to the Plant Museum for moms
Posted May 7, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 8, 2012 at 02:35 PM
As a gift to all mothers, free admission is being offered to the Henry B. Plant Museum on Mother’s Day, Sunday (May 13).
Explore the Moorish architecture, opulent furnishings, and spectacular tropical gardens of the old Tampa Bay Hotel.
The museum opens at noon on Sunday and closes at 5 p.m. Admission is $10 for adults, $7 for seniors, $7 for students and $5 for children 4 - 12 years.
At 2 p.m., Upstairs/Downstairs at the Tampa Bay Hotel will feature Edith Roosevelt, guest and first lady, 1901. The 30-minute live theater performance will feature Edith Roosevelt’s visit at the Tampa Bay Hotel in 1898. Her husband, Lt. Colonel Theodore Roosevelt, was in town with his famous Rough Riders waiting for word to leave for Cuba and fight in the Spanish-American War. Upstairs/Downstairs is also complimentary with regular admission to the museum.
Henry B. Plant Museum is located next to downtown, on The University of Tampa campus at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd. For information visit plantmuseum.com. Parking is free in front of the museum or in the Thomas Parking Garage.
Follow up with lunch or dinner at Lee Roy Selmon’s and mom will receive a $10 bonus card for a future visit.
Customers who buy Mom $50 in gift cards online will also receive a $10 bonus card.
For more ideas about Mother’s Day fun without breaking the bank, click here.