Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Free admission for all at Tampa Museum of Art Sunday
Posted Sep 11, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 11, 2013 at 09:40 AM
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Tampa Bay area families are invited to visit the Tampa Museum of Art for free on Sunday, Sept. 15.
It’s the last day to see the exhibits “Faded Elegance: Photographs of Havana by Michael Eastman” and “Miradas: Ancient Roots in Modern and Contemporary Mexican Art” before they leave.
The museum is open from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Sunday.
In addition to the free admission offer, there will be Art Spot activities for children, live music, scavenger hunts for children and adults and a docent tour beginning at 1 p.m. Tours will be presented in both spanish and english.
Latin-inspired flavors from Sono Café will be offered for sale.
Tampa Museum of Art is located at 120 W. Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa.
For more information about the museum, visit their website at http://tampamuseum.org/.