Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Free admission for all at Tampa Museum of Art Sunday
Posted Sep 11, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Sep 11, 2013 at 09:40 AM
In honor of Hispanic Heritage Month, Tampa Bay area families are invited to visit the Tampa Museum of Art for free on Sunday, Sept. 15.
It’s the last day to see the exhibits “Faded Elegance: Photographs of Havana by Michael Eastman” and “Miradas: Ancient Roots in Modern and Contemporary Mexican Art” before they leave.
The museum is open from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. on Sunday.
In addition to the free admission offer, there will be Art Spot activities for children, live music, scavenger hunts for children and adults and a docent tour beginning at 1 p.m. Tours will be presented in both spanish and english.
Latin-inspired flavors from Sono Café will be offered for sale.
Tampa Museum of Art is located at 120 W. Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa.
For more information about the museum, visit their website at http://tampamuseum.org/.