Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Foursquare check-ins score cool deals on cold treats
Posted Aug 7, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 14, 2012 at 08:33 AM
Cooling off in this relentless heat can really pinch your pocketbook unless you know how to find the deals.
We’ve rounded up some Foursquare and Facebook finds to save on refreshing treats perfect for hot summer days.
Check in on Foursquare (just click on the app when you get within range) with your smart phone at Mochiberri at The Shops at Wiregrass and get two free toppings with your first check-in. Check in enough to get “mayor” status and you’ll earn 50 percent off your entire order. You can also “Like” them on Facebook for other special offers.
Pinkberry frozen yogurt also offers a discount for “newbies” (first Foursquare check-in) and the “mayor” always get BOGO deals.
Chill in South Tampa offers 50 percent off to the first 10 people to check in each day between noon and 8 p.m. Newbies get 25 perecent off their first Foursquare check-in order.
Xtreme Juice offers a free “upsize” on 16 and 24 ounce smoothie purchases with a check-in. Don’t forget, all smoothies are buy-one-get-one free all day on Sundays. And from 7 - 8 p.m. Fridays all smoothies are just $2.
Become a Facebook fan of Tanya & Matt’s Froyo in Westchase and be eligible for special offers including buy-one-get-one free deals.
Or just enjoy their lunch hour special of half off all frozen yogurt from 11 a.m. - 2 p.m. Monday through Friday.