Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
Posted May 21, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated May 21, 2013 at 12:23 PM
The Florida Museum of Natural History in Gainesville will offer free admission to all active duty military personnel and their families beginning Memorial Day through Labor Day 2013.
The free admission offer is sponsored by Blue Star Museums in collaboration with the National Endowment for the Arts, Blue Star Families, Joining Forces, MetLife Foundation and hundreds of museums across the country.
The free admission program is available to any active duty U.S. military, as well as members of the National Guard and Reserve, U.S. Public Health Service and National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration Commissioned Corps and up to five family members.
For more information on the program, including a list of participating museums and acceptable forms of ID, visit http://www.nea.gov/national/bluestarmuseums/faq.html. Locally, The Henry B. Plant Museum, located at 401 W. Kennedy Blvd., Tampa is also a participating location.
The Florida Museum of Natural History is located at 3215 Hull Rd., Gainesville. For more information about the attraction, visit http://www.flmnh.ufl.edu/