Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
Experience afternoon tea “The Titanic” way
Posted Feb 1, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 1, 2013 at 04:42 PM
The Titanic exhibit is about to set sail from The Mahaffey where it has been on temporary display.
Before it leaves, guests will be treated to a free afternoon tea service on select dates, complete with sweets and pastries.
The tea sampling and informal talk about the history and tradition of the English tea ceremony will offer guests a unique Titanic experience. The event is specifically tailored to the type of teas passengers on the Titanic would have been served, such as English Breakfast, Earl Grey and London Fog.
The free tea service will be offered in The Mahaffey Atrium, on Feb. 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 2 to 3 p.m.
The offer is limited to the first 100 visitors to the tea each Tuesday, first come, first served.
Admission for “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” ranges from $19.12 - $15, and runs through March 3.
The exhibit is open Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5:30 p.m.
The Mahaffey is located at 400 First St. S., St. Petersburg.