Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Experience afternoon tea “The Titanic” way
Posted Feb 1, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 1, 2013 at 04:42 PM
The Titanic exhibit is about to set sail from The Mahaffey where it has been on temporary display.
Before it leaves, guests will be treated to a free afternoon tea service on select dates, complete with sweets and pastries.
The tea sampling and informal talk about the history and tradition of the English tea ceremony will offer guests a unique Titanic experience. The event is specifically tailored to the type of teas passengers on the Titanic would have been served, such as English Breakfast, Earl Grey and London Fog.
The free tea service will be offered in The Mahaffey Atrium, on Feb. 5, 12, 19 and 26 from 2 to 3 p.m.
The offer is limited to the first 100 visitors to the tea each Tuesday, first come, first served.
Admission for “Titanic: The Artifact Exhibition” ranges from $19.12 - $15, and runs through March 3.
The exhibit is open Monday-Saturday from 10 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. and Sunday from noon to 5:30 p.m.
The Mahaffey is located at 400 First St. S., St. Petersburg.