Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Expectant moms can qualify for deeply discounted car seats
Posted Apr 2, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Expectant mothers can get an important piece of child safety equipment at a deep discount from St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital in Tampa.
The class is designed to teach expectant parents proper installation of infant safety seats in their vehicles and a new seat is included in the cost of the class.
The fee is $10.
In order to qualify for the discounted car seat two requirements must be met: the expectant mother must attend the entire class and a vehicle with working seat belts must be available during the class time.
There is a limit of one seat per expected child.
The class is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday (April 17) at St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital Pavilion, 4th Floor Classrooms, 3030 W. Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Tampa.
To register for the class, visit their website at baycareevents.org or call (813) 443-3078.