Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend for holiday shopping
- Kids admitted free at USF sporting events
- Tampa “snow day” is free frosty fun
- Starbucks tumbler comes with free coffee in January
- Turn a toy into a tasty free meal
- Save on Hallmark items with Facebook coupon
- Donate pet food, get a free nail trim
- Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
- Whole Foods Carrollwood continues kids-eat-free deal in December
- Donate during Kindness Day, score rewards
- Polk Pet Fest features discounted adoptions, vaccinations
- $5 day at MOSI includes added holiday fun
- Free museum visit, ice skating for military
- Free toothpaste trade-in on Sunday
- Score free PDQ tenders when you wear brown shoes
Expectant moms can qualify for deeply discounted car seats
Posted Apr 2, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Expectant mothers can get an important piece of child safety equipment at a deep discount from St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital in Tampa.
The class is designed to teach expectant parents proper installation of infant safety seats in their vehicles and a new seat is included in the cost of the class.
The fee is $10.
In order to qualify for the discounted car seat two requirements must be met: the expectant mother must attend the entire class and a vehicle with working seat belts must be available during the class time.
There is a limit of one seat per expected child.
The class is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday (April 17) at St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital Pavilion, 4th Floor Classrooms, 3030 W. Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Tampa.
To register for the class, visit their website at baycareevents.org or call (813) 443-3078.