Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Expectant moms can qualify for deeply discounted car seats
Posted Apr 2, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 3, 2013 at 12:01 PM
Expectant mothers can get an important piece of child safety equipment at a deep discount from St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital in Tampa.
The class is designed to teach expectant parents proper installation of infant safety seats in their vehicles and a new seat is included in the cost of the class.
The fee is $10.
In order to qualify for the discounted car seat two requirements must be met: the expectant mother must attend the entire class and a vehicle with working seat belts must be available during the class time.
There is a limit of one seat per expected child.
The class is scheduled for 9:30 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. Wednesday (April 17) at St. Joseph’s Women’s Hospital Pavilion, 4th Floor Classrooms, 3030 W. Dr Martin Luther King Jr Blvd., Tampa.
To register for the class, visit their website at baycareevents.org or call (813) 443-3078.