Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Excellent report card grades rewarded with free museum admission
Posted Jul 17, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 17, 2013 at 09:05 AM
The Florida Museum of Natural History is rewarding kids for excelling at science.
Students in grades K-12 who receive an “A” or “E” grade in science on their most recent report card will receive free admission with the purchase of a paid regular adult ticket.
Report card must be presented at the ticket counter at time of purchase.
The offer is valid for the 6,400-square-foot tropical garden Butterfly Rainforest exhibit, the “Titanoboa: Monster Snake” exhibit open through Sunday, Aug. 11, or a value admission for both exhibits.
Beginning Saturday, Aug. 31, the offer is valid for the Butterfly Rainforest exhibit, the new “Surfing Florida: A Photographic History” and “Surf Science: Waves and Wildlife” exhibits, or a value admission to all three plus the permanent collections.
Regular admission to the permanent exhibits plus the Butterfly Rainforest and Titanoboa is $14 for adults, $10 for children ages 3 - 17.
Children 12 and younger must be accompanied by an adult. The offer has no cash value and cannot be combined with other offers or discounts.
The museum is located at 3215 Hull Rd., Gainesville.
For more information about the Florida Museum of Natural History, visit www.flmnh.ufl.edu.