Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Enjoy Zootastic Family Fest for just $5
Posted Nov 7, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 7, 2013 at 12:36 PM
Let the zoo come to you at the Zootastic Family Fest on Saturday, Nov. 16
From 10 a.m. until 4 p.m., Tampa’s Lowry Park Zoo team will be on-hand at Great Explorations Children’s Museum and Sunken Gardens to bring the zoo to St. Petersburg for only $5.
Guests can mingle with the zoo’s animal trainers and ambassadors, and attend animal shows such as “Zoo Keeping 101” and “Native Florida Wildlife” as well as enjoy the facilities and programs of the two attractions at the reduced admission rate.
The day will also include educational displays and hands-on activities.
Sunken Gardens is located at 1825 4th St N, St. Petersburg, next door to Great Explorations Children’s Museum.
For information, visit http://www.ZootasticFamilyFest.org.