Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
- Dads eat free at PDQ on Father’s Day
- Dads treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Dads bowl free at Pin Chasers
- Dads admitted free to Florida Aquarium Father’s Day weekend
Elephants to parade through downtown
Posted Dec 28, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 28, 2012 at 01:00 PM
If you’re not doing anything else and happen to find yourself near downtown Tampa on Saturday, pull up a seat on the side of the road.
There’s gonna be an elephant parade.
Starting at 11 a.m. on Saturday, Dec. 29, the parade begins at Tampa’s Union Station located at 601 N. Nebraska Ave.
The free show of parading pachyderms and other circus animals will continue along Cass Street and turn south on Morgan Street. The parade concludes at The Forum.