Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Eat free on Halloween when in costume
Posted Oct 30, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 30, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Say “Trick or treat .... give me something good to eat” when you visit the following restaurants offering a variety of Halloween freebies.
Outback Steakhouse: Kids eat free on Halloween with the purchase of an adult meal. You just have to say “Free kids meal” to your server to redeem the offer. The deal is valid for lunch or dinner and also for Curbside Take-Away. Kids 10 and younger can choose any entree from the Joey menu which includes a drink. The offer is not valid with any other coupon or discount. For locations, visit http://www.outback.com/.
PDQ: Stop by PDQ, in the store or the drive-thru, in costume on Thursday, Oct. 31 and score a free shake card. Both children and adults are eligible and the card does not have to be redeemed at that time. For locations, visit http://www.eatpdq.com/locations.
IHOP: All kids ages 12 and younger who dine at IHOP on Halloween from 7 a.m. until 10 p.m. will receive a free “Scary Face Pancake.” The flapjack is decorated with whipped cream, miniature Oreo cookies and candy corn teeth. There is a limit of one per child and the offer is valid for dine-in only. For participating locations, visit https://www.facebook.com/events/454060058043556/
Red Lobster, Longhorn Steakhouse and Olive Garden: The restaurants in this group are offering a kids eat free deal Halloween week when you print out the coupon available at http://www.darden.com/coupon/.
Chipotle: Anyone in costume on Thursday, Oct. 31 can score a cheap burrito, bowl, salad or order of tacos when they visit the participating locations. Visit http://tbo.com/freeandcheapblog/score-a-cheap-boo-rito-at-chipotle-20131021/ for more information.
Krispy Kreme: Stop by any participating location in costume to score a free doughnut on Halloween day. No purchase necessary. For locations, visit http://tbo.com/freeandcheapblog/free-krispy-kreme-doughnut-on-halloween-20131028/.