Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Eat for “free” at Ikea this weekend
Posted Jan 16, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM
The Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend.
Saturday, Jan.19 through Monday, Jan. 21 you can deduct the cost of your meal from a housewares purchase of $100 or more before tax.
Here’s how it works:
1. Purchase your meal in the restaurant.
2. Receive a coupon with your receipt.
3. Give your coupon and receipt to the check-out cashier and receive the total amount of your meal deducted from your purchase of over $100.
There are some restrictions, such as: the meal must be consumed on-site and only one receipt per purchase can be applied. Visit the Ikea website for more details.
Tampa’s Ikea store is located at 1103 N. 22nd St., near Ybor City.