Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Eat for “free” at Ikea this weekend
Posted Jan 16, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 16, 2013 at 11:20 AM
The Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend.
Saturday, Jan.19 through Monday, Jan. 21 you can deduct the cost of your meal from a housewares purchase of $100 or more before tax.
Here’s how it works:
1. Purchase your meal in the restaurant.
2. Receive a coupon with your receipt.
3. Give your coupon and receipt to the check-out cashier and receive the total amount of your meal deducted from your purchase of over $100.
There are some restrictions, such as: the meal must be consumed on-site and only one receipt per purchase can be applied. Visit the Ikea website for more details.
Tampa’s Ikea store is located at 1103 N. 22nd St., near Ybor City.