Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Earn Publix gift card with blood donation
Posted Dec 11, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 11, 2012 at 12:17 PM
This is the season of giving and what can be more satisfying than giving the gift of life?
Healthy people age 16 or older who weigh at least 110 pounds can be blood donors and can earn rewards from sponsors at different blood drives.
On Friday, Dec. 21 from 11:30 a.m. - 7 p.m., Bloodmobiles at 20 Bay area Publix locations will be collecting blood and giving away $10 Publix gift cards to donors.
Additionally, on that same date, The Tampa Tribune, WFLA-TV News Channel 8, TBO.com and CENTRO Tampa are teaming up with Florida Blood Services and Publix Supermarkets to host their 24th annual Holiday Blood Drive.
Interested donors can visit The News Center, 202 S. Parker St. in downtown Tampa between 8 a.m. and 8 p.m. and make a donation.
For more information, call 800-68 BLOOD (25663).