Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Donate your old phone, get a free lunch
Posted Dec 31, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 4, 2013 at 11:29 AM
On Wednesday (Jan. 9), you can donate your old cell phone at any company-owned Pollo Tropical location and receive a free beef wrap.
Customers can donate as many phones as they like, and each phone is good for a free beef wrap. The phones do not have to be in working order. They only need to have a battery.
The beef wrap includes beef sautéed with onions and peppers, in a sweet and spicy sauce, and melted Monterey Jack and Cheddar cheeses.
Mobile phones that cannot be refurbished are recycled for parts to help fund much-needed programs and services at Women In Distress, a program for families affected by domestic violence.
For Bay area Pollo Tropical locations, click here.