Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Donate to Goodwill, score a discount to the state fair
Posted Jan 22, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 23, 2013 at 12:44 PM
It’s time for spring cleaning, and you can make all those items you’re discarding earn you a discount on fun.
Through Feb. 14, anyone who drops off clothing or household items at any Goodwill Industries-Suncoast donation site will receive a coupon good for $2 off a single adult ticket to the Florida State Fair. What’s more, for each redeemed discount coupon, $1 will be donated back to Goodwill.
The discount applies to tickets sold at the fair admission gates, and may not be used for advance ticket purchases.
Regular admission at the gate is $10 - $12 for adults and $5 - $6 for kids ages 6 -11. Parking at the fair is free.
The Florida State Fair runs Feb. 7 - 18 at the Florida State Fairgrounds, 4800 US 301 N., Tampa.