Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Donate food, get a free salon service
Posted Oct 24, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 24, 2012 at 01:01 PM
The Tampa campus of Remington College is holding a food drive to benefit local food banks and offering a free haircut, manicure or pedicure to anyone who brings in a can of food or other non-perishable food donation.
The promotion will run throughout the month of November.
The salon services will be provided by students and instructors in the Remington College-Tampa Campus Cosmetology Program.
To schedule an appointment for a service, call The Salon at Remington at (813) 316-4470. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Salon hours are Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The Salon at Remington is located at 6302 E. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Suite 400, Tampa.