Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
Donate food, get a free salon service
Posted Oct 24, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 24, 2012 at 01:01 PM
The Tampa campus of Remington College is holding a food drive to benefit local food banks and offering a free haircut, manicure or pedicure to anyone who brings in a can of food or other non-perishable food donation.
The promotion will run throughout the month of November.
The salon services will be provided by students and instructors in the Remington College-Tampa Campus Cosmetology Program.
To schedule an appointment for a service, call The Salon at Remington at (813) 316-4470. Walk-ins are also welcome.
Salon hours are Monday - Thursday 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Friday 9 a.m. to 3:30 p.m. and Saturday 9 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
The Salon at Remington is located at 6302 E. Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. Blvd., Suite 400, Tampa.