Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Donate care package items, get free admission to museum
Posted Feb 11, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 11, 2013 at 01:44 PM
Send some goodies to a sailor and enjoy free admission to a special event at the Armed Forces History Museum.
On Friday (Feb. 15) from 4 to 6 p.m., visitors to the museum who donate care package items will be treated to a free ticket.
Requested items include non-perishable food and candy (except chocolate), hygiene products, books, blank note cards, writing tablets, magazines, playing cards, etc.
“Molly’s Adopt a Sailor,” a broad-based, collaborative and community initiative, will then ship the collected items to servicemen and women deployed oversees.
Tours of the museum, light hors d’oeuvres as well as beer and wine will be available at the special event.
Those not donating care package items will be admitted for $15.
The Armed Forces History Museum is at 2050 34th Way N., Largo.