Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
Donate care package items, get free admission to museum
Posted Feb 11, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 11, 2013 at 01:44 PM
Send some goodies to a sailor and enjoy free admission to a special event at the Armed Forces History Museum.
On Friday (Feb. 15) from 4 to 6 p.m., visitors to the museum who donate care package items will be treated to a free ticket.
Requested items include non-perishable food and candy (except chocolate), hygiene products, books, blank note cards, writing tablets, magazines, playing cards, etc.
“Molly’s Adopt a Sailor,” a broad-based, collaborative and community initiative, will then ship the collected items to servicemen and women deployed oversees.
Tours of the museum, light hors d’oeuvres as well as beer and wine will be available at the special event.
Those not donating care package items will be admitted for $15.
The Armed Forces History Museum is at 2050 34th Way N., Largo.