Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Donate books, get pizza rewards
Posted Aug 13, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 13, 2013 at 09:39 AM
Grimaldi’s Pizzeria is giving rewards for donated books for needy kids.
The “Back to School 2013 Book Drive” runs from Thursday, Aug. 15 through Sunday, Sept. 15.
Guests of the restaurant who donate three new or gently used elementary school-level books will receive a voucher good for $5 off on a future visit.
Donations benefit Eckerd Community Alternatives, a non-profit organization providing second chances to nearly 7,000 Tampa Bay foster care children and their families.
Participating locations include: Countryside, 27001 US Highway 19 N. Ste. 1140, Clearwater; Citrus Park, 7990 Citrus Park Town Center, Tampa and WestShore, 253 WestShore Plaza Ste. B1B, Tampa.
There is a limit of one voucher per person and is good on a future visit only.
For more information about Grimaldi’s, visit http://www.grimaldispizzeria.com/.