Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Get a free SunPass Mini on Thursday
- Hearing aid battery giveaway scheduled
- Free sample roundup
- Join the zoo, get a free family meal
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
Donate blood on MLK Day, get rewards
Posted Jan 10, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 10, 2013 at 04:35 PM
On Jan. 21 you can celebrate Martin Luther King Day in an unusual way.
From 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. the Florida Blood Services Bloodmobile will be accepting donations at the Ten News Studios, 11450 Gandy Blvd., St. Petersburg.
All lifesaving donors will receive a commemorative MLK Jr. T-shirt, Chick-fil-A coupon freebie coupons and a wellness checkup, including a cholesterol screening.
You can also donate at any of the Florida Blood Services Donor Centers or at select Tampa Bay area Chick-fil-A restaurants.
Generally healthy people age 16 or older who weigh at least 110 pounds can be blood donors. Identification is required to donate.