Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Donate blood, get in free to Strawberry Festival
Posted Feb 25, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 26, 2013 at 09:52 AM
Planning to hit the Florida Strawberry Festival this weekend?
If you’re feeling well and healthy, you can score a free admission ticket just by donating blood to Florida Blood Services.
Bloodmobiles will be in Plant City at Tomlin Middle School, 501 N. Woodrow Wilson and Bryan Elementary, 2006 West Oak Ave. from Thursday (Feb. 28) through March 10 from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. each day.
Each donor will get a free ticket to the festival and a complete wellness check.
Regular admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
Blood donors must be at least 16, in good health and weigh at least 110 pounds. Valid identification is required.
The Florida Strawberry Festival is at 303 North Lemon St. and runs Feb. 28 through March 10.