Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Donate blood, get in free to Strawberry Festival
Posted Feb 25, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 26, 2013 at 09:52 AM
Planning to hit the Florida Strawberry Festival this weekend?
If you’re feeling well and healthy, you can score a free admission ticket just by donating blood to Florida Blood Services.
Bloodmobiles will be in Plant City at Tomlin Middle School, 501 N. Woodrow Wilson and Bryan Elementary, 2006 West Oak Ave. from Thursday (Feb. 28) through March 10 from 9:30 a.m. to 6:30 p.m. each day.
Each donor will get a free ticket to the festival and a complete wellness check.
Regular admission is $10 for adults and $5 for children.
Blood donors must be at least 16, in good health and weigh at least 110 pounds. Valid identification is required.
The Florida Strawberry Festival is at 303 North Lemon St. and runs Feb. 28 through March 10.