Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Donate blood, get a free $10 gift card
Posted Apr 30, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Apr 30, 2013 at 12:04 PM
Florida Blood Services will organize a community blood drive on May 7 at the Gulfport Tuesday Fresh Market.
The event will take place starting at 9 a.m. and running through 1:30 p.m.
In addition to a wellness check-up and cholesterol screening, blood donors will receive a free $10 e-gift card to a location of their choice, redeemable at the Florida Blood Services/OneBlood.org site. Donors must be at least 16 years old, be in good health and weigh at least 110 lbs.
The Fresh Market is located near the corner of Beach Blvd. and 31st Ave. S., Gulfport. The year-round market features move than 50 vendors offering fresh produce and a wide variety of other foods; art and crafts; bath, body and wellness products; live music and more.
For more information, visit http://www.gulfportma.com, or call (727) 278-4285.