Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Donate an old phone, get a free wrap
Posted Mar 5, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Mar 5, 2012 at 04:19 PM
Donate an old cell phone and get a free shrimp or chicken quesadilla wrap on Wednesday, March 14, from 10:30 a.m. until closing at all company-owned Florida Pollo Tropical restaurants.
There is no limit on the number of phones customers can donate or the number of wraps they can receive – each phone is good for a free wrap. The phones do not have to be in working order. They simply need to have a battery. All makes and models are accepted.
The program is called “Handhelds for Handhelds” and was created by Pollo Tropical to help Women In Distress collect cell phones that they refurbish so those in distress may dial “911” to receive assistance. Mobile phones that cannot be refurbished are recycled for parts to help fund Women in Distress programs and services.
The hot pressed wraps feature a choice of shrimp or chicken with melted cheddar jack cheese, chopped tomatoes, and chipotle dressing - all on an 8.5-inch flatbread that is finished on the grill press.
For more information, or to find a location nearest you, visit www.pollotropical.com.