Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Donate an old phone, get a free wrap
Posted Mar 5, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Mar 5, 2012 at 04:19 PM
Donate an old cell phone and get a free shrimp or chicken quesadilla wrap on Wednesday, March 14, from 10:30 a.m. until closing at all company-owned Florida Pollo Tropical restaurants.
There is no limit on the number of phones customers can donate or the number of wraps they can receive – each phone is good for a free wrap. The phones do not have to be in working order. They simply need to have a battery. All makes and models are accepted.
The program is called “Handhelds for Handhelds” and was created by Pollo Tropical to help Women In Distress collect cell phones that they refurbish so those in distress may dial “911” to receive assistance. Mobile phones that cannot be refurbished are recycled for parts to help fund Women in Distress programs and services.
The hot pressed wraps feature a choice of shrimp or chicken with melted cheddar jack cheese, chopped tomatoes, and chipotle dressing - all on an 8.5-inch flatbread that is finished on the grill press.
For more information, or to find a location nearest you, visit www.pollotropical.com.