Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Get a free SunPass Mini on Thursday
- Hearing aid battery giveaway scheduled
- Free sample roundup
- Join the zoo, get a free family meal
- De Soto National Memorial offers free kayak tours
- Florida resident discount this summer at Dinosaur World
- Aquarium discounts admission during Summer Fun Nights
- Crepe Myrtle sale to benefit literacy program
- Free bang and beard trims at JCPenney salons
- Dads admitted free at Mote Aquarium on Sunday
- Free horror movie series this summer in downtown Tampa
- Free healthy eating carnival on Saturday
- Dads admitted free to Henry B. Plant Museum on Father’s Day
- Discounted USF vanity tags available through voucher
- More kid movies on the cheap for summer fun
Discounts available to Bay Area Renaissance Fest
Posted Feb 21, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
The annual Bay Area Renaissance Festival opens this weekend with discount admission options available.
The first three weekends (February 23 - 24, March 2 - 3 and March 9 - 10) there are several ways to save at the gate.
* Donate four cans of non-preishable food at the box office and receive a discount of $5 off your admission. The food drive benefits Feeding America Tampa Bay.
* Donate blood with the Florida Blood Services Bloodmobile on-site and receive a free admission. Visit the FBS website for requirements of blood donation.
* Military members will also be treated to a discount. Present your military ID at box off for a $5 discount.
Discounts cannot be combined with any other offer.
Regular admission at the gate is $18.95 for adults, $14.95 for seniors and $10.95 for children ages 5 - 12.
The Bay Area Renaissance Festival at MOSI is located at 11315 North 46th St., Tampa.