Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Discounts available to Bay Area Renaissance Fest
Posted Feb 21, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Feb 21, 2013 at 11:59 AM
The annual Bay Area Renaissance Festival opens this weekend with discount admission options available.
The first three weekends (February 23 - 24, March 2 - 3 and March 9 - 10) there are several ways to save at the gate.
* Donate four cans of non-preishable food at the box office and receive a discount of $5 off your admission. The food drive benefits Feeding America Tampa Bay.
* Donate blood with the Florida Blood Services Bloodmobile on-site and receive a free admission. Visit the FBS website for requirements of blood donation.
* Military members will also be treated to a discount. Present your military ID at box off for a $5 discount.
Discounts cannot be combined with any other offer.
Regular admission at the gate is $18.95 for adults, $14.95 for seniors and $10.95 for children ages 5 - 12.
The Bay Area Renaissance Festival at MOSI is located at 11315 North 46th St., Tampa.