Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Discounted summer movies for kids
Posted Jun 18, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 18, 2012 at 10:06 AM
Kids clamoring to get out of the house during summer vacation can cost parents big bucks.
But on Tuesdays and Wednesdays at 10 a.m., that cost is only one buck.
Regal Cinemas Summer Express movie program features G and PG rated movies on Tuesday and Wednesday mornings for only $1.
The discounted showtimes run through Aug. 8 and include such movies as ‘Smurfs’, ‘Dolphin Tale’, ‘Rio’, ‘Happy Feet Two’, ‘Puss in Boots,’ ‘Rango’ and others.
Locally, the participating theaters are located in Citrus Park, Pinellas Park, Largo and Port Richey.