Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- BOGO jump passes this weekend at Airheads
- Ikea “eat for free” deal returns this weekend
- Free Yoga in the park
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
Discounted shelter pet adoptions for military members
Posted Nov 29, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Nov 29, 2012 at 12:59 PM
Are you an active or veteran member of the U.S. military?
You may be eligible for a discounted shelter pet adoption, plus some ongoing perks and assistance.
Pets For Patriots is a non-profit organization that works closely with area shelters to match military members with homeless, special needs pets and assist them financially with the ongoing care of the animal.
The program includes:
- discounted adoption fees from selected area shelters including the Humane Society of Tampa Bay and the Humane Society of Pinellas
- minimum, ongoing 10% discount for veterinary services
- annual $150 gift card to a local retailer for food and supplies
- members-only deals from a specialty pet website
To be eligible for the program, the selected shelter pet must be a dog or cat, two years or older or a large dog (40+ pounds) or be a special needs dog or cat (disability, chronic medical condition, old age, etc.)
Pets for Patriots will provide benefits for one eligible pet per approved applicant. Limit one Pets for Patriots pet per household.