Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Discount admission to children’s museum for Cub Scout Day
Posted Jun 18, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 18, 2012 at 01:10 PM
Interested families wanting to learn more about Cub Scouts are invited to make a day of it at the Glazer Children’s Museum on Saturday, June 23.
The museum is hosting a day of snacks, crafts, magic tricks and more for boys and families seeking more information about scouting. The museum is open from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Guests who mention the Cub Scout motto “Do Your Best” at Visitor Services will receive a $5 discount off admission to the museum.
Regular admission is $15 for adults and $9.50 for children.
The Glazer Children’s Museum is located at 110 W. Gasparilla Plaza in Tampa.