Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Dine out for Valentine’s at Ikea
Posted Jan 30, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 30, 2013 at 04:50 PM
Valentine’s Day or Alla Hjärtans Dag (“Day of Hearts” in Swedish) isn’t just for lovers. Families and others like to celebrate with a special dinner out too.
On Thursday, Feb. 14 from 5 to 7:30 p.m., frugal diners can celebrate with an inexpensive all-you-can-eat buffet of Swedish delicacies.
Ikea Tampa is hosting the special dinner with a selection of salads, entrees, desserts and more.
Selections include tomato basil soup, broiled salmon, garlic bread, Ratatouille, various pastas, chocolate overload cake, Swedish princess cake, mashed potatoes, Italian wedding soup and more. You can view the complete menu online.
The all-you-can-eat buffet is $12.99 for adults and $6.99 for kids.
Spend even less on the special buffet by joining Ikea Family, a free loyalty program that offers discounts and other exclusive specials. Members pay just $9.99 for the dinner for adults and $4.99 for kids.
Other benefits with the Ikea Family membership include advance notice of offers, special product discounts, free coffee or tea at every restaurant visit and more.
Ikea Tampa is located at 1103 N. 22nd St., near Ybor City.