Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
- Bright House customers treated to free baseball game
- Free microchipping offered at Animal Health Center
- Two weeks of free bus rides to introduce new rapid route
- Visit the zoo for just $6 this Sunday
- Brides can save big at annual Goodwill gown sale
- Free popcorn with food donation at Tampa Theatre
- Moms bowl free at Splitsville
- Moms treated to free beignets at Second Line Cafe
- Head to Häagen Dazs on Tuesday for a free cone
- Moms treated to free breakfast at McDonald’s
- Moms paint for free at Color Me Mine
Dine out for Valentine’s at Ikea
Posted Jan 30, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jan 30, 2013 at 04:50 PM
Valentine’s Day or Alla Hjärtans Dag (“Day of Hearts” in Swedish) isn’t just for lovers. Families and others like to celebrate with a special dinner out too.
On Thursday, Feb. 14 from 5 to 7:30 p.m., frugal diners can celebrate with an inexpensive all-you-can-eat buffet of Swedish delicacies.
Ikea Tampa is hosting the special dinner with a selection of salads, entrees, desserts and more.
Selections include tomato basil soup, broiled salmon, garlic bread, Ratatouille, various pastas, chocolate overload cake, Swedish princess cake, mashed potatoes, Italian wedding soup and more. You can view the complete menu online.
The all-you-can-eat buffet is $12.99 for adults and $6.99 for kids.
Spend even less on the special buffet by joining Ikea Family, a free loyalty program that offers discounts and other exclusive specials. Members pay just $9.99 for the dinner for adults and $4.99 for kids.
Other benefits with the Ikea Family membership include advance notice of offers, special product discounts, free coffee or tea at every restaurant visit and more.
Ikea Tampa is located at 1103 N. 22nd St., near Ybor City.