Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Decorate a pepper, get in free at plant fair
Posted Jul 9, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jul 9, 2013 at 12:14 PM
Anyone wanting to visit the USF Botanical Gardens Tropical Plant Fair this weekend for free just needs to get a little crafty.
Simply decorate a pepper to enter in the “pepper beauty contest” and the $5 admission fee is waived. Winners will be awarded prizes.
The 15th annual plant fair takes place Saturday, July 13 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. and Sunday, July 14 from 10 a.m. - 3 p.m. The free admission offer is only good on Sunday.
Admission is $5. Children under 12 are admitted free.
Vendors will be selling fruit trees, blooming tropicals and exotic plants.
The 16-acre USF Botanical Gardens is located at 12210 USF Pine Dr., Tampa.
The gardens maintain a living collection of more than 3,000 plants, animals and natural habitats.
For more information, visit http://gardens.usf.edu/.