Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Costume swap at Glazer Museum Saturday
Posted Oct 12, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Oct 15, 2012 at 12:16 PM
Rather than purchasing a new Ninja Turtle or Barbie Ballerina getup this year, why not consider a costume swap?
Just bring in gently used costume and accessory pieces and “swap” it for something else for this year’s Halloween festivities.
It’s a great way to save money and also do something good for the Earth.
The event takes place at the Glazer Children’s Museum from 1 - 5 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 13.
Museum admission or membership is required to visit the museum and swap event.
Glazer Children’s Museum is located at 110 W. Gasparilla Plaza, Tampa.
For more information call (813) 443-3861.