Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Military skate free at United Skates in Tampa
- Books sales offer opportunities to stock up
- Free fishing days coming up soon
- Military admitted free to Lowry Park Zoo
- Donate blood, choose your rewards
- Half price pet adoptions for the holiday weekend
- Plant Museum offering free admission to military, families
- Military treated to free wings on Memorial Day
- Florida Museum of Natural History offers free admission to military
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Memorial Day
- Kids treated to free food, t-shirt and fun at Ikea
- Free golfing fun for kids this summer
- Military admitted free to Bok Tower Gardens on Saturday
- Pet-A-Palooza is free fun for both people and pets
- Military admitted free to Florida Aquarium Memorial Day weekend
Combine school uniform shopping with tax-free, coupons and sales
Posted Aug 1, 2012 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Aug 1, 2012 at 10:49 AM
If you’ve already started your back-to-school blitzkrieg or just making your game plan for the Florida Tax Free days set to start on Friday, there are some great clothing coupon deals out there to pair up with sales.
Target has several “dollars off” deals you can print for some of their proprietary brands like Mossimo and Merona. Most notable is the $5 off women’s denim bottoms. This coupon could be used for teen jeans, shorts or skirts for kids who don’t have to wear a uniform. There are six apparel coupons currently available on their website.
All uniforms are on sale at Old Navy right now. You can combine this sale with the Super Cash deal they are also running starting today. Through August 29, you get a certificate for $10 “Super Cash” for every $25 you spend in the store. Then you come back September 7 - 12 to redeem the “cash.” The super cash can be earned and redeemed on both sale and clearance merchandise as well.
Kohl’s is also currently is running a sale on uniforms with their Chaps brand at 30% off. They have an ongoing Kohl’s Cash program with $10 earned on each $50 purchase. Visit their website for more details on the program.
Bealls stores are advertising all their uniform pieces are priced at under $15. They carry the Dockers line of polo shirts, khaki shorts and more. If you prefer to shop online, purchase at least $50 in uniform pieces and get free shipping with the promo code of SAVEK12 at checkout.
Wal-Mart also carries uniforms and offers deep discounts when you buy in bulk. A girl’s multi-pack of five polo shirts and two pairs of pants is only $43. Shipping is free when you spend at least $45 online on qualifying items.