Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Club offers free “Manatee Below” banners for boaters
Posted Jun 27, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Jun 27, 2013 at 11:03 AM
It’s peak boating season in Florida and the Save the Manatee Club is urging boaters to be on the lookout for the endangered marine animals.
Toward this end, the club offers free banners for boaters to post to warn others when manatees have been spotted in the area.
The club produces bright yellow, waterproof boating banners and provides them free to Florida boaters. By displaying the “Please Slow Manatees Below” banner in motor boats, kayaks and canoes, it becomes easier to alert other boaters to the presence of the slow-moving “sea cow.”
The free banners can be obtained by contacting the club via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling (800) 432-5646.
For more information on the Save The Manatee Club, visit www.savethemanatee.org.