Free and Cheap
Janine is a 20-year veteran journalist who puts her sleuthing skills to use unearthing deals and discounts for families in the Tampa Bay area. Raising her own two daughters has taught her that some of the best things in life are “free” but not necessarily “cheap.”
Most Recent Entries
- Donate blood, get in free at Bay Area Renaissance Fest
- Donate food at St. Patrick’s event, score a free tee
- Senior health expo features free breakfast, health screenings
- Donate blood, get a free meal from Evos
- Free smoothies for National Strawberry Day
- Free museum admission this weekend for BOA cardholders
- Military treated to half-price tickets at spring training season opener
- Ride the mini-trains in Largo for free
- Free IHOP flapjacks on National Pancake Day
- Heroes admitted free at Florida Strawberry Festival
- Honor roll students skate for free this weekend at United Skates
- History museum hosts local historians at happy hour events
- $6 day at the zoo on Sunday
- Rise and shine with free breakfast at Whole Foods Market
- Military admitted free at Florida Holocaust Museum
Clearwater libraries waive fines with donated food
Posted Dec 5, 2013 by Janine Dorsey
Updated Dec 5, 2013 at 11:01 AM
Through Dec. 20, donate non-perishable food and you can get off scot-free on overdue book fees.
All Clearwater library branches will offer an amnesty period for overdue materials in exchange for donations of non-perishable foods.
Anyone who has fines due may bring any non-perishable food items to any Clearwater library branch and present them at the circulation desk with the overdue materials if available. Fines will be waived and the donated food will go toward a charity food drive.
For further information, call (727) 562-4970 or visit http://www.myclearwater.com/cpl.